Beef bourguignon—also called beef burgundy—is one every of France’s most notable dishes. This Instant Pot beef Burgundy sauce is remarkably quick and straightforward, and it offers all the fabulous flavor of a long-simmered stew. The stew gets its wealthy flavor—and its name—from a generous quantity of wine, at the side of broth and a spread of herbs.
Instant Pot Beef Burgundy sauce may be an autoclave formula with the beef medium in wine with mushrooms, onions, and carrots.
1.5-2 lb beef chuck roast cut into ¾-inch cubes
5 strips bacon
Diced 1 small onion chopped 10 oz cremini mushrooms quartered
2 carrots chopped
5 cloves garlic minced
3 bay leaves
¾ cup dry red wine
¾ tsp xanthan gum (or corn starch, read the post for instructions)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt & pepper
- Generously season beef chunks with salt and pepper, and set them aside. Select the saute mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat. When the display reads
HOT, add diced bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until crispy, stirring frequently. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the beef to the pot in a single layer and cook for a few minutes to brown, then flip and repeat for the other side. Transfer to a plate when done.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes to soften, stirring frequently. Add red wine and tomato paste, using a wooden spoon to briefly scrape up flavorful brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Stir to check that the tomato paste is dissolved. Turn off the saute mode.
- Transfer the beef back to the pot. Add mushrooms, carrots, and thyme, stirring together. Top with bay leaves. Secure and seal the lid. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes, followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover and select the saute mode. Remove bay leaves. Evenly sprinkle xanthan gum over the pot and stir together. Let the stew boil for a minute to thicken while stirring. Turn off the saute mode. Serve into bowls and top with crispy bacon.
Calories 673 g
Calories from Fat 288 g
Total Fat 32 g
Saturated Fat 11 g